At the risk of hurting our bottom line, we have to say that boltless shelving won’t be the answer to every storage challenge. Unlike pallet racking, it’s made, for the most part, to handle smaller items and bulky or oddly shaped products. And it’s in this role that it really shines.
There are at least five reasons you should choose boltless (or rivet) shelving over other options:
- Low cost
- Ease of assembly
- Customization capabilities
- Efficiency in locating products
Using boltless shelving keeps costs down
Using rivet shelving saves money, time and space, all of which fall into the category of costs. For example:
- Storing pallet racking takes up a lot more space than storing boltless shelving, so you keep more area clear for storing products.
- Other shelving simply costs more up front, so you begin saving before you’ve stored anything.
- Because it’s easy to put together, rivet shelving saves time which, as everyone knows, is money.
Shelving assembly is simplicity itself
Good design is paramount, when it comes to shelving, and rivet shelving is designed to go up fast and easy. Here’s how:
- It requires just one tool: something to knock the rivets into place.
- You can adjust the shelves in 1.5-inch increments, so you have the flexibility to set up the most efficient storage configuration
The unit pictured above offers flexible storage for less than $300!
Boltless storage units are made to last
It might be meant to handle lighter loads, but that doesn’t mean rivet shelving can’t carry a burden. Consider these facts:
- The shelving is constructed of steel for sturdiness.
- With the addition of supports, the load can be increased significantly. With little effort, you can achieve a unit capacity of up to 2,000 lbs.
Flexible boltless units meet many storage needs
Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to change your storage units to fit changing needs at the drop of a hat? It’s possible with boltless units. They’re more open to customization before and after you install them. Here’s why:
- You can have the shelving units made to order. If you know what you need to fit your requirements, you can have your shelving system custom designed. Need a certain number of levels? Fine. Want units of a specific height? No problem.
- And don’t forget: the shelves are adjustable. You can move them to accommodate products of virtually any size.
- Boltless shelving is so flexible and adaptable that it works well in homes, small businesses and multi-acre warehouses.
High visibility makes finding products easy
Why waste time searching for a particular widget hidden among a hundred other widgets when you can find it right away because you can see it right away? Boltless shelving:
- Lets you store everything in plain sight. There are no hiding places in pallets or bins.
- Makes order picking more efficient, faster and more cost-effective.
Choosing the right storage option for the job
If there’s a lesson to be learned here—aside from the one about how rivet shelving can save you time and money—it’s that you should consider your storage options carefully. Otherwise, you can wind up with an option that doesn’t give you what you need and costs more than you should have spent.
For more information about boltless shelving systems and other shelving options, visit actionwp.com or call 800. 966.3999. To order the pictured unit, ask for items QUS270B and 3-84W7224WH. We offer free shipping on orders of $400 or more. Certain exclusions apply.